…I sat on my bed box in the dark and massaged my hands. One hand tended the other, and then in turn was tended for…. Thank you, hands, for being here to help me embrace someone, to write words of trust and empathy, to lift a pot of rice, to make a gesture.
~ Sister Dang Nghiem
Flower Girl – Ring Bearer
Laying on Hands
Pastoral Care Experience
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, September 2015 – present
- Individual and family pastoral care
- Develop and lead classes in spiritual practice / self-care
- Memorial services
- Transformed Blue Christmas service into an annual Jazz for the Holidays vespers for people experiencing grief over the winter holidays.
- Co-created vespers services during times of local or national grief and mourning.
Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism, October 2019
- Chaplain, BLUU Symposium
Clinical Pastoral Education, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, June – August 2015
- Assignments: Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit (NIC-U), Women’s Oncology, Cardiology Stepdown.
- On-call rotations throughout the hospital.
- Spiritual Care consultant to medical teams during bioethics meetings.
- Pastoral care for nursing staff as needed.
- Liturgist and leader of multi-faith chapel worship services.
Selected Training and Continuing Education
- Healthy Boundaries 101, Faith Trust Institute
- Congregation-Based Spiritual Direction, Center for Congregational Spirituality
- Prepare / Enrich Facilitators Training (couples counseling)
- Post Traumatic Ministry, MLTS
- Spiritual Practice in the Life of the Minister and Congregation, MLTS